You may have heard a lot about companies getting a better handle on their customer data, especially since GDPR. Data driven marketing is a strategy that utlises the insights that you have gained from your prospective or current customers that can then help you with future strategies that will aid conversion or cross-selling.
All companies have data but the majority do nothing with it to actually build better customer relationships, or use modeling to attract similar prospects, that could drive their business forward.
The benefits of data-driven marketing include:
- Personalisation - You will be able to create campaigns with higher conversion rates by enjoying a deeper and more thorough understanding of your customers. Your camapign content can be the right kind of message, delivered on the right platform, at the right time.
- Multiple Contact Points - Your data can enable you to reach out to your customers and prospects across multiple channels and not just via email campaigns.
- User Journeys - By identifying your customers and recurring prospects you can give them more of a personal experience across your channels. For example, with some marketing automation software, you can actually have your home page say 'Hi Adrian' when they visit!
- Speed and Costs - By identifying what is and what is not working on campaigns and static content you are better placed to react quickly to set things right.
Check out my PDF on how data fits with a simple automated marketing example HERE>.
Examples of how you could be using data to enhance and improve your marketing efforts:
- Remarketing - This is using the data that you have from previous customers, or even those who have only ever visited your site before, and presenting timely and highly relevant ads to them again in order to help them on their journey with you.
- Paid Campaigns - By checking what people are searching for when visiting your site you can better understand how to get to the top positions in the search engines.
- Relevant Emails - Segmenting your customers by demographic, geographic and interest data you can send them much more personal emails with content that will have a higher chance of resonating with them. This leads to better opening rates and click-throughs.
- Analytics - By studying changes in past conversion rates, campaign ROI, all your campaign metrics and the actual results (often overlooked!) then you will have a better idea on what to scale up or discontinue.
What are your next steps?
- Process Automation - The time spent indentifying where you can automate your sales and marketing process will reap dividends and will transform the way you use your data.
- Benchmark - As you should be doing for all individual campaigns, benchmark where you are at and what you have done and rigorously check on your progress and adjust your campaigns on the data coming back from our analysis if necssary.
Can I help?
Would you like a Marketing Audit to see where you are at and what can be improved? Or do you need me to design and implement a Marketing Automation Strategy for you? Give me a call on 0208 123 9000 or 07971 223432 for an initial chat.